You have found the permanent home for the History of Chemical Engineering web site. We have been online since 1995, but joined this site (pafko.com) on September 18, 2000. We are very happy to have a new web home and hope you enjoy it! Please let us know what you think.
Also, we are now willing to accept supplementary materials. If you have something that you think our visitors would find enjoyable and informative please let us know. We will consider placing it online...
NEW: Here is the entire site in pdf format (v2.0, 1 meg, captured September 25, 2000). However, please take note that the pdf version may not contain the latest content...
You can also view our content at five mirror sites:
1) History of Chemical Engineering mirrored by Minnesota's Chemical Engineering Department
2) History of Chemical Engineering mirrored at Tripod.com
3) History of Chemical Engineering mirrored by Dr. Uğur Akman at Boğaziçi University, Turkey (note: he has very recent salary info online)
4) History of Chemical Engineering mirrored by Baris Haznedar at Tripod.com
5) What is a Chemical Engineer? (in Polish) mirrored by Lukasz Zielinski
Note that the mirror sites will not contain the latest content...
Also, portions of this site have been published in two "print" sources:
Finally, you may want to check out Farhad Sharifi's paper (pdf) on "Chemical Engineering: Professionally Ignored?" He talks about Chemical Engineering in Canada and also references our site.
We always welcome COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, OR REACTIONS.